http://www.quantummedia.com/our-team/advisor/judi-allen | Printed on: March 29, 2017
Judi is currently the Senior Vice President for Client Solutions at The Nielsen Company. She is responsible for Nielsen’s strategic relationships with cable television operators.
Prior to her current position, Judi was Vice President of Video Strategy and Business Development in the Video and Content Group at Time Warner Cable, responsible for digital media, authenticated online content, streaming video to consumer electronics devices, video-on-demand, interactive television, and new video services for residential and commercial customers.
She has over twenty years of experience as an executive and consultant for a wide variety of companies in the media, financial and information services sectors. Her approach is flexible, hands-on and collaborative. Recent accomplishments include:
Judi formerly served as Senior Vice President, Video for MediaOne, leading all aspects of video product management, including content acquisition and negotiations, customer acquisition and retention, branding and product development. Before MediaOne, she served as Senior Vice President of Marketing and Programming for Century Communications Corporation and Vice President, National Accounts, Affiliate Relations at USA Networks.
- Led team that created first-ever iPad app with live TV channels inside subscribers’ homes, marking the first time live TV channels were streamed to existing consumer electronic devices inside home without a company-leased set top box.
- Managed negotiations and product development for the live streaming of ESPN channels over the internet to authenticated video subscribers, a television industry breakthrough, part of the “TV Everywhere” initiative.
- Drove development of an enhanced Local Programming Strategy, resulting in reorganization and increased investment for company-owned news, sports and lifestyle channels unique to their TV market.
- Originated and launched ground-breaking new video product for recession-impacted consumers, offering fewer channels than usually packaged together yet including popular, widely-distributed TV channels traditionally only available in large, more expensive packages.
- Initiated bandwidth reclamation strategy and implementation, saving significant capital expenditures by offering channels that had previously been available in analog format only in a digital format,requiring a set top box.
- As interim SVP marketing for a major Canadian broadcaster, led all strategy and creative for the upfront kickoff event, and a multi-million dollar consumer tune-in promotion that increased ratings. Managed brand research and repositioning, including an on-air agency search.
She started her career as a television news journalist in Providence, RI before business school and spent six years in marketing, strategy and product development at Merrill Lynch before her career in media.
Judi served for five years as Compensation Committee Chair on the Board of Directors of Rentrak Corporation, a digital media management firm. She is a former Board member of the Cable Television Association for Marketing (CTAM), and has been a frequent speaker for Women in Cable and Telecommunications (WICT). Allen holds degrees from Harvard Business School and Brown University.